KHLAAC COMMISSION MEETING
May 25, 2013
Garden City Downtown Vision
Address: 413 N. Main Street, Garden City, KS 67846
Phone: (620) 276-0891
- Welcome- Coffee and donuts– 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Board Governance Workshops – 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Review notes from Strategic Plan on March 7th
- Continue to work on Strategic Plan
- Executive Director Report – 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Hispanic Day on the Hill Review
- What can we improve on next year
- What did you like and/or what would you like to see
- Review Final Budget
- Think about dates for next year
- Begin to plan 2014’s Hispanic Day
- Poverty Conference 2013 – who will be attending?
- July 17-19 in Topeka, KS
- Cost is $160 per person
- Healthy Kansas 20/20
- Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant (PHHSBG) Advisory Committee – Guide to the 2014 Kansas Work Plan
- Input from Commissioners
- Education Gap
- We have not met since our last KHLAAC Commission Meeting – a task force meeting will occur sometime this summer
- Review of Technical Advisory Committee
- See attached list
- What is our expectations for them?
- Technical Advisory Meeting dates – should they coincide with KHLAAC Quarterly Commission Meetings?
- Date for 2013-2014 KHLAAC Quarterly Meetings
- First Quarter begins July 1 to September 30
- Second Quarter begins October 1 to December 31
- Third Quarter begins January 1, 2014 to March 31, 2014
- Fourth Quarter begins April 1 to June 30th
- Miscellaneous Information
- KHLAAC Facebook, twitter and website
- Intern for KHLAAC
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- Proclamation signing
- Hispanic Heritage Month Essay Contest
- Hispanic Heritage Month Poem Contest
- Release 2nd edition of El Camino Real (The Royal Road)
- Hand out updated Bylaws as of 9/14/2012
Official Business Meeting 12:00 p.m.
- Call meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes from September 14, 2012
- Approval of Minutes from March 7. 2013
- Business from the Floor
- Public Comment
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Executive Director’s Report